- Supports floating point calculations.
- Single slot CPU.
- 2K inputs and outputs (any mix).
- Up to 8K analog I/O.
- 0.4 microseconds per boolean function.
- 12 MHz, 80C186 microprocessor.
- Supports IC660/IC661 and IC697 I/O.
- Programmed by MS-DOS or Windows based software products running on Windows 95 or Windows NT over Ethernet TCP/IP or through the SNP port.
- Supports up to 512 Kbytes of battery-backed expansion memory in the same slot.
- Configurable data and program memory.
- Battery-backed calendar clock.
- Three position operation mode switch.
- Password controlled access.
- Three status LEDs.
- Software configuration (No DIP switches or jumpers to set).
- Reference information inside front door.
The CPU 772 is a single slot PLC CPU which allows floating point calculations. The CPU 772 is programmed and configured by MS-DOS or WIndows based programming software to perform real time control of machines, processes and material handling systems. The CPU 772 communicates with I/O and smart option modules over the rack mounted backplane (IC697CHS750, 782, 783, 790, 791) by way of the VMEC.1 Standard format.